The week commencing the 15th -21st of September is fire door safety week and so the the BWF Certifire (British Woodworking Federation) BWF-CERTIFIRE Fire Door & Doorset Scheme are hoping this will promote fire door safety. For more detailed information please click on the link below.
Over many years Doorsan Ltd have supplied thousands of Certified Fire doors to both domestic and trade customers. These doors have been fitted into homes which have more than 2 floors, rental properties, between garages and adjoining living accommodation, hotels, restaurants and many other types of properties.
It is very important that Certified Fire doors, frames and hardware are bought from a supplier who can give the correct certification.
Customers often ask us why they have been asked to fit fire doors by their Building Regulation departments. The information below may help with why Fire doors are important and why their construction is so important.
Fire Doors are important because
- they save lives
- they are an important component to the fire protection in a building
- they give protection staircases and corridors which are escape routes
What’s so important about Fire Doors?
- they must be made correctly
- they must be installed by a competent person and maintained correctly
- they must be tested and certified to BS 476 Part 22 or BS EN 1634 Part 1
- they must work correctly in order to save lives
- they must not be compromised, altered or adapted from their original manufacture
- they must be fitted to appropriate fire tested frames
- they must have Fire suitable hardware fittings
- they must have the correct glazing with fire standard seals fitted glazed
- they must have the correct intumescent seals when fitted
- they must not be propped open